World's best compress JPEG tool to reduce the file size by up to 80% using lossy or lossless compression methods.
How to compress a JPEG?
- Click “Choose JPEG Files” button to upload your JPEG files (you can add up to 20 JPEG or JPG images)
- Click the "Compress Now" button to start compressing.
- Once the status change to "Done" click the "Download JPEG" button to save the compressed JPEG images to your computer.
Best JPEG Compressor
Our JPEG compressor does not sacrifice quality for anything. We generate the best quality compressed JPGs without any apparent quality loss. Plus, we've made it easy to understand important compression settings. So that you can tweak the compression level to meet your image quality expectations.
Advanced JPEG Compression
Our "Advanced Settings" gives you more control over JPEG compression. Please note that these settings are optional, the default settings do a great job of compressing most JPEG files while retaining image quality.
- Compress by quality - Allows you to manually set the lossy compression level applied to your JPG files.
- Compress by target size - Use this feature to set a target file size (in Kilobytes, or as a percentage of the original size) for your JPG images.
- Compress Losslessly - JPEG images are highly compressible using lossy algorithms. However, if you do not want to lose any image quality, you can try our lossless compression. File sizes will be bigger than the lossy method.
- Progressive JPG compression - More effective compression for 10Kb or lager JPEG. Plus, supports progressive rendering on a browser (without waiting for the whole image to download)
- Reduce Chroma sampling to 4:2:0 - Implements less resolution for chroma information than for luma information to reduce JPEG size. The effect is mostly indistinguishable because the human eye is less sensitive to color differences than for luminance.
- Resize - Optionally, you can downscale the JPEG to further reduce file size.
Free & Secure
Yes, our JPG compressor is 100% free. It works on any web browser. There are no registrations or software to install.
We delete all images within 6 hours of compressing them. Plus, all uploads are done over a secure HTTPs connection.
How does it work?
By default, we compress JPEG images using a combination of lossy & progressive compression while reducing chroma sampling to 4:2:0. Our goal is to reduce JPEG file size at the highest possible image quality. This tool also follows the image compression guidelines set by Google.
Why should I compress JPEG files?
A web page with optimized images load faster, and your visitors will thank you for it! It can also lower your bandwidth cost. You can also share, upload, or e-mail your images faster when they are optimized.
Is there a max file size limit?
We can compress large JPG images up to 1GB!
 - Chroma Subsampling
Does FreeConvert provide other file compressors?
We sure do! Check out our PNG Compressor, Video Compressor, PDF Compressor, and Image Compressor